Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Too much, I'm screaming

I found a movie on Netflix, Brain on Fire. I can relate to what Susannah felt. When the brain attacks and the only answer is a psychiatric disorder. But is it?? The last week had been torture. Or rather the last 16 years if not longer. I've been on meds for 16 years. Do I need to be on them. None have worked. The last few months my body has told me I'm stressed but I don't feel stress. I feel pain, hurt, and ignored. I've been blamed, I've wanted to die, anything to get away from the pain. What will it take to be heard? Do I need to retreat?! Am I even getting the right care? 

Is anyone? What if the brain is more powerful than anyone thinks? The human brain doesn't get enough credit. But how do we tell when the brain needs help? Do we throw medications in and hope that something works, or do we create stronger connection to reach the one in pain? The brain controls everything, no one knows the full capacity. My heart is breaking but my mind, my brain is under attack. Will anyone help me? Or will I be labeled psychotic?

No comments:

Post a Comment