Sunday, March 4, 2012

Busy Month

Thanks for hanging in there, and waiting for me to post. But I just haven't had time....

In the last 2 months, I have been in the Behavioral Health Unit twice. And still have been able to stay in College this semester. It's very hard to have been there financially, and hard for those around me. I have experienced people telling me that I can't continue in my college classes, and those telling me I needed help. I have experienced much sadness, despair, disaster, and happiness. I had two STRAIGHT months of feeling suicidal. I have good news, I made it through those two months of suffering. Some may wonder, what made the difference?? Here's what I found.

Writing down things I hope for
Finding Hope, Humility, and Spirituality
Finding Faith in God
Practicing Relaxation Techniques. DAILY!!!!
Talking about the first few months of when the depression started.
Doing things that help to soothe the Soul, and then doing them daily
Forgiving myself of the things that happen during periods of severe depression
Talking with friends about things related to my mental health
Finding people to talk to, about anything, and I mean anything
Writing my thoughts, emotions, and physical state
Being Proactive with my time, cutting down the t.v. shows, and facebook

That's what I have found that helps.... and now I'll still post, but my hope is to share the hope and humility that I found, that could help others (the ones who read this blog). My hope is that I will remain free of suicidal thoughts.

Sending you hope,
Puzz

No comments:

Post a Comment