Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Refiner's Fire

I've been thinking a lot about this idea of a fire that is hot enough to shape a piece of steal into something of worth. This applies quite well to what I found out.......

Domestication (Author credit given to: "The Four Agreements" by Don Miguel Ruiz)
"All our normal tendencies are lost in the process of domestication. And when we are old enough for our mind to understand, we learn the word no. The adults say, "Don't do this and don't do that" We rebel and say "No""

He continues with "The belief system is like a Book of Law that rules our mind. Without question, whatever is in that Book of Law, is our truth." Pages 8-9.

Later on in that chapter he continues with, "That is why humans resist life. To be alive is the biggest fear humans have. Death is not the biggest fear we have: our biggest fear is taking the risk to be alive --- the risk to be alive and express what we really are. Just being ourself is the biggest fear of humans." (Page 17)

Then there is the idea of perfection, and another author, Brene Brown, that has a book on the Gifts of Imperfection. I've always been told to be perfect, but that's just to stinkin' hard!! How can anyone expect me to be perfect all the time??

I have a lot to do, and many excuses to not do them, which are keeping me stuck in that same spot. In a dead end job with lack of sleep, and lots of stress about keeping up at a pace that is hard to make if not doing the correct things.

Then there is the living environment, and.... I'm not happy with how I am living but there is a picture that I put on my phone that comes to mind...



Exercise is one thing, and life is another thing, don't give up. It's the same thing right now, don't give up just because looking for a job is hard, or that life is hard, or that you give into the same justification that I have been using for years. I have been using well, I have been on a special education plan since second grade, I can't be any better than that. Yet I have a B.S. in Psychology, who could achieve that if not for hard work and perseverance. I have tackled very hard things and up until now, I have limited myself in what I can truly do. It's time to not let the past get in the way of the future, it's time to change my life. One day at a time, and never giving up, and never giving into suicide. Life is worth living, and there is a lot to do, Time to get off my butt and go to work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment